Tramway cottages is a family-run business offering four star self-catering accommodation in the 200 year-old conservation village of Ellenabeich, also known as Easdale. Ellenabeich is reached by crossing the famous ‘Bridge over the Atlantic’ to the Isle of Seil, Argyll, in the West Highlands of Scotland.
No 7 is a deceptively large four-star self-catering cottage, perfect for 6 guests. It comprises of two separate lounge areas, three bedrooms, a dining conservatory and an additional toilet/shower room. One additional guest can be added by using the ‘trundle’ in the Bunk Bed room, and a child’s cot is available.
All beds are supplied with pillows, duvets and all bed linen (including cot bedding). We also provide towels, for all guests (including tea towels) free of charge.
Many basics such as toilet and kitchen paper, oils, spices and various condiments, tea/coffee etc can be found in the kitchen
Opposite the cottage there is parking for two cars.
The owners have spent many years renting various cottages and have used this experience in creating a warm comfortable house with many personal touches in which to enjoy the many facilities surrounding this very special part of the country. They regularly use the house in the “off season” and it really is a “home from home”.
Based on a traditional miner’s cottage but only built 25 years ago this is a modern house which has been updated and extended into the loft space with the addition of a conservatory at the rear making a light and airy interior.
On the ground floor:
- Large living room with Smart TV, Freesat, internet and a large collection of DVDs’ leading onto the open plan fully equipped kitchen including Dish Washer, Fridge/Freezer, Gas Hob, Electric Oven, Micro wave and Washing Machine. It is equipped to a very high standard including blender, hand mixer, sandwich maker etc
- From the kitchen you walk directly into the Dining Conservatory. With seating for up to eight guests this delightful room has open outlooks to the coast and surrounding hills and double French doors lead to the rear south facing garden area with outdoor seating, a real suntrap!
- The downstairs the bathroom has been recently renovated and includes a full-sized bath and electric shower and towel rail.
- All the bedrooms are carpeted and the master bedroom has a King-size bed, built in wardrobes and views to the rear. The other downstairs bedroom is a spacious bunk bedded room with front views to the hills.
- A feature open plan staircase leads to the upper living area with a large corner settee, TV (with DVD player and Freesat), quality wooden flooring and a varied selection of books.
- The Velux windows affords views into the rear of the property and spectacular panoramic views over to islands of Luing and Shuna, great to relax by listening to the sound of the sea.
- The upstairs bedroom with a Velux window is bright and spacious with twin beds and offers fantastic views of the surrounding coast and village.
- There is a further toilet with electric shower and heated towel rail.
Both garden areas are fully enclosed and are both dog and childproof.