The person whose name appears on the Booking Form agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all the following Conditions of Let are adhered to by all members of the party. We, the owners, would request that:
- The number of people occupying the property does not exceed that stated on the website, unless by prior consent.
- £100 deposit is paid on booking, with the balance payable 4 weeks before your arrival. If a booking is made less than 4 weeks before the start of the holiday, please send the full rent at the time of booking. Failure to pay the balance of rental charges will be construed as a cancellation of the booking and your deposit will not be refunded.
- You notify us of any cancellation in writing and pay any monies due. If the accommodation is re-let at the full rate, a full refund, less an administration fee of £50 per week, will be made. If it is re-let at a lesser rate, a partial refund will be made. If not re-let then no refund will be made. To safeguard against cancellation charges & other unforeseen eventualities we strongly recommend Cancellation Insurance. Should the property, subsequent to booking, become unavailable through any cause, the owner's liability is limited to the amount of any rent paid.
- You accept that the responsibility for your personal property while occupying the accommodation is solely yours. All vehicles are also left at the owners’ risk. Also guests agree to absolve the Property Owner of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to persons or property whilst on the premises or whilst engaged in any activity therein, or from any illness or injury arising from any cause whatsoever.
- You use the property solely for its purpose as self-catering accommodation and to accept the owners’ right to refuse to hand over the property to any person deemed unsuitable to take charge. Causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbours, or any unreasonable behaviour may result in the owners asking guests to leave.
- The owners or representative be allowed access to the property at all reasonable times.
- You respect and look after the accommodation during your stay and that you leave the property clean and tidy, with full inventory. We may, at our discretion, apply a £25 charge if extra cleaning is required, should the property be left in a dirty/untidy mess. Please also note that you will be liable for any breakages or damage to or in the property (other than those due to fair wear and tear). Please notify us if this is the case as soon as possible so that we may replace/repair the item in good time.
- You do not smoke within the cottage.
- It should be noted that the Isle of Seil can occasionally lose power or water supplies. This is not a regular occurence. However, should this happen during your stay, we cannot be held responsible as this would be outwith our control. We would, however, offer whatever assistance we could to make your stay more comfortable.
- If you need to use our telephone, we would ask that you leave an appropriate payment in the honesty box provided.
- To accept that a completed booking form agreed by both parties is a binding contract and that any subsequent amendments must be agreed by both parties in writing.